Aim, Focus, and Scope
Publication Ethics and Malpractice
Peer Review Process
Copyright and Licence
Protecting Author Right
Open Access Policy
Aim, Focus, and Scope
Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun, is a leading peer-reviewed and open-access journal, which publishes scholarly work, and specializes in the Social Sciences, consolidates fundamental and applied research activities with a very wide-ranging coverage and had a significant impact and a real contribution to the community at large, practical and academic world. This includes studies and reviews conducted by multidisciplinary teams as well as research which evaluates or reports the results or conduct of such teams or scientific process in general. The journal seeks to appeal to an interdisciplinary audience and authorship which focuses on real-world research. It attracts papers from a wide range of fields of social science with its efficient and qualified double-blind peer-review process.
The principal purpose of Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun is to publish scholarly work in the social sciences defined in the classical sense that is in the social sciences, the humanities, and the natural sciences. The research that is published may take a theoretical or speculative model as well as statistical and mathematical to promote interdisciplinary thinking and to provide scholars a platform to exchange knowledge from a variety of perspectives and locations. Contributions are welcome from all fields which have relevant and insightful comments to make about the social sciences.
Focus and Scope
JIP publishes high quality and innovative research at the frontier of all sciences with an emphasis on interdisciplinary research, especially the manuscript that lie at the interface of social sciences, which includes:
- Education (Curriculums, Teaching, and Learning, Islamic Education, Educational Technology, Psychology and Counseling, Educational Sociology, Educational Managements, Basic Education, Secondary Education, and Higher Education, Special Education, Educational Research Methods, Innovation in Teaching, Learning, and Assessment of Teacher Training and Education);
- Politics (Diplomatic and International Affair, Bureaucracy, Development Studies, Structure and Agency in Social Dynamics, the Role of Government and Non-Governmental Organizations, Concepts and Practical Sociology, Islamic Politics, Government and Public Administration);
- Law (Human Right, Terrorism, and Global Issue, Social Justice, Islamic Law, Criminal Law, International Relation, Civil Law, Constitutional Law, Customary Law);
- Humanities and Cultural Studies (Cultural Studies as a Constitutive field, Religion Studies, Islamic Studies, Philosophy, Ethics, Consciousness, Cross-cultural studies, History and Historiography, Theology, Spirituality, Human Geography, Anthropology, Local Wisdom, Gender Equality, Linguistic);
- Economics (Business and Entrepreneurship, Management, Accounting, Public Finance, Economic Development, and Islamic Economics).
The main objective of the JIP is to disseminate scientific knowledge and generate debate in an interdisciplinary context, linking the different areas of the social sciences. Thus, it is contributing this will help to the society's development with a rigorous scientific basis, internationally proved. Moreover, to offer a multidisciplinary forum to scholars and experts from different fields and to bridge the gap between them, within and across all aspects of sciences.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice
Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun (JIP), the International Journal of Social Sciences, is a leading peer-reviewed and open-access journal, online and print. The main objective of the JIP is to disseminate scientific knowledge and generate debate in an interdisciplinary context, linking the different areas of the social sciences. Thus, this contributing will help to the society’s development with a rigorous scientific basis, internationally proved. This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in the journal, viz: the author, the chief editor, the peer-reviewer, and the publishers (SCAD Independent). This statement is based on the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. The essentials of JIP’s publishing ethics for all groups involved in the publishing process are as follows:
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed JIP is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher, and the society.
SCAD Independent as the publisher of Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, the SCAD Independent and Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and necessary. More ...click here
Open Submissions Indexed Peer Reviewed Open Access
- It is essential that authors prepare manuscripts according to established specifications. Failure to follow may result in your paper being delayed and the effectiveness of the search capabilities offered by electronic delivery will depend upon the care used by authors in preparing manuscripts; More ...click here
The entire editorial workflow is performed using the Open Journal System (OJS). The editorial workflow gives the Editors the authority to reject any manuscript because of the inappropriateness of its subject, lack of quality, or incorrectness of its results. The Editor cannot assign himself/ herself as an external reviewer of the manuscript. This is to ensure a high-quality, fair, and unbiased peer-review process of every manuscript submitted to the journal since any manuscript must be recommended by two or more external reviewers along with the Editor in charge of the manuscript in order for it to be accepted for publication in the journal. The following is the Editorial Workflow that every manuscript submitted to the journal undergoes during the course of the peer-review process.
- Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun (JIP) relies on the peer review process to uphold the quality and validity of articles that publish. All articles submitted to JIP will be peer-reviewed. JIP adheres to a Double-Blind Peer-Review process that is rapid and fair and also ensures a high quality of articles published. This statement is based on the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers. More ...click here
Peer Review Process
Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun (JIP) relies on the peer review process to uphold the quality and validity of articles that publish. All articles submitted to JIP will be peer-reviewed. JIP adheres to a double-blind peer-review process that is rapid and fair and also ensures a high quality of articles published. In so doing, JIP needs reviewers who can provide insightful and helpful comments on submitted manuscripts with a turn around time of about 4-5 weeks. Maintaining JIP as a scientific journal of high quality depends on reviewers with a high level of expertise and an ability to be objective, fair, and insightful in their evaluation of manuscripts. This statement is based on the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.Before You Start
Before you accept or decline an invitation to review, consider the following questions:
- Does the article match your area of expertise? Only accept if you feel you can provide a high-quality review.
- Do you have a potential conflict of interest? Disclose this to the editor when you respond. More ...click here
- Submitted manuscripts must not have been published previously or must not be published elsewhere. Otherwise, the authors will be responsible for any inconvenience;
- Copyrights of the published manuscripts are concerned to the journal and legal and scientific responsibilities belong to its authors;
- The quotation can be taken from the articles published in JIP as long as they are referenced.
- The publishing committee will examine and assess the articles which are submitted to the journal and if they don't meet the aims and objectives of the journal will not be taken into consideration;
- The publishing committee has authorization to make grammatical and spelling alterations in the texts, if necessary;
- Manuscripts which meet the basic criteria of JIP will be sent for review by Double Blind Review for their comments;
- The final publications of the articles will be decided by the issue editor on the basis of referees' comments. If the numbers of articles exceed the numbers which can be published in an issue, the articles to be published will be decided by the publishing committee;
- At least two references should find the submitted article which deserves to be published;
- If the articles are accepted for publication in JIP with required corrections, those will be sent to the authors with referees' comments electronically. The authors are required to make required changes and corrections in the manuscripts and return the final draft of the article to JIP in a certain period of time. Authors permitted to make objections on comments and corrections on the basis of concrete pieces of evidence;
- The status of the articles can be viewed on the JIP website, through the author's account.
- SCAD Independent as a JIP publisher is committed to working with journal editors, defining clearly their relevant roles, in order to ensure appropriate decisions regarding publication procedures and maintaining the transparency of editorial decisions.
- SCAD Independent as a JIP publisher also ensures the integrity autonomy and originality of each published article with respect to:
- Publication and research fundings;
- Publication ethics and rectitude;
- Conflicts of interest;
- Article modifications;
- Timely publication of content.
Copyright and Licence
This license permits anyone to compose, repair, and make derivative creation even for commercial purposes, as long as appropriate credit and proper acknowledgment of the original publication from the journal is made to allow users to trace back to the original manuscript and author.
Readers are also granted full access to read and download the published manuscripts, reprint and distribute the manuscript in any medium or format.
Protecting Author Right
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY-SA) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal (See The Effect of Open Access);
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work;
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal;
- Any views expressed in this work are the views of the authors and not of Editorial Board Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun (JIP) or SCAD Independent. JIP or SCAD Independent can not be held responsible for views, opinions and written statements of authors or researchers published in this journal.
Open Access Policy
All material published by JIP is protected under International copyright and intellectual property laws. The JIP is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 International License (CC-BY-SA) or an equivalent license as the optimal license for the publication, distribution, use, and reuse of scholarly works. Access permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at the digital libraries and open access journal databases. This license permits anyone to compose, repair, and make derivative creation even for commercial purposes, as long as appropriate credit and proper acknowledgment to the original publication from a journal is made to allow users to trace back to the original manuscript and author. For information please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ArchivingThis journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. See More...
Jurnal Ilmiah Peuradeun is a peer-reviewed scientific open access journal – not a commercial journal. But the renewal process, capacity expansion, technical improvements and daily maintenance of the journal necessitate funding.
There is no submission fee for JIP (free). As an open-access journal, JIP charges authors a symbolic publication fee for those articles who pass the peer review process and get acceptance. If your manuscript is accepted for publication, JIP charges the authors a participation fee of $100 USD or 1.000.000 IDR (for Indonesia). Please follow the instructions for payment after you receive the acceptance letter. The publication fee is charged only for a paper accepted or of the selected reviewed manuscripts for publication. The author/corresponding author has to release for the publication charge as per the method determined by the executive editor. Waiver policy is not applicable. We regret that charge for publication cannot be waived or reduced in any case. The papers that have been accepted will not move to the editing of publications until we receive the payment notification. The amount of this fee is only for the participation fee for publication in this journal. More ...click here